Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WE ARE HERE!!!!!



Today is the day!!!! We got up and messed around this morning. We can’t get in to Fort Wilderness till after 1:00 and check out time here is 11:00. We only have a couple hours traveling left so I made pancakes for breakfast. Cleaned things up and then we were on our way.
The drive was really quick. And somehow Rita (GPS) and I came in the back way. There was hardly any traffic at all. It was so thrilling to drive under the arch that announced that you were at disney world!


We drove right up to the Fort Wilderness entrance. We were only behind one other trailer. Everything was set we got our cards and away we went. Out site is incredible. Nice and roomy! We backed in with no problems at all. Set out the awning, hooked up the electric and water. We needed ice so Jake, Tim and I walked up to the trader’s outpost. It is only about a block and a half from our site. Got the ice went outside and it was pouring. Now if we hadn’t had the ice we could have waited it out but instead we decided to go. We were soaked to the bone!
We decided to go see if we could get our golf cart a day early because this place is really really big. We are close to the pool and campground fire sing along place but getting to the bus stops that take you to the other places would wear you out. They had some in so we were able to get one. We drove around to explore for a while. This place is truly amazing!!! Then we decided to go to the downtown Disney and eat dinner.


The downtown Disney area was awesome. All the stores are Disney themed. It was really cool. There is an area of night clubs. Tim wanted to eat at Bongo’s. This is the restaurant owned by Etevez lady. Anyway the appetizers were great but the main dishes were only OK. Of course this was my first try at Cuban food.


After dinner we walked around. Tim and the kids got candy. It has really been hard controlling their and my spending. I want it all. They have so much really cool stuff. I got each of the kids one of the autograph books for the characters and each of them the lanyards that the pins go on. Pin trading is a really big deal here. I even got me one.


I came back to try to get on the interenet to leave posts for my blog. I was so disappointed to find out that it would cost me $10 a day and I can’t even get on at my campsite. I don’t know what I’ll do. I think the kids are excited but I think I’m probably the most excited. Tomorrow we are off to animal kingdom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smile, Bengi!
:)

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!

I am sooo excited & REALLY wish we were there!