Monday, July 21, 2008

Louisiana!

Hi all. We made it to Lakeside R.V. Park. Traffic on I-10 and I-12 was hectic for a few miles. Then Rita (our nickname for our GPS navigation deal) had us save some time by sending us on another route. While it did save time, the roads were quite bumpy! Most of the roads were bumpy in Louisiana, come to think of it!

This is a very nice park. Fairly new, and as the name implies, right beside a lake! It is nicely kept, but no cable t.v. and quite a ways from everything. However, a few miles on down the road is a Camping World!! My family hates it when we go to Camping World!! I can stay in there for hours! Seriously, I need a propane connection for my grill setup and a few other things.

We are hoping to stay a couple nights in Gulfport, MS. There is a place there that is close to the beach and has a rental car place. Hopefully we can get a car and do a little sightseeing and go to some shops and GOOD restaurants.

I have been happy with gas mileage and the performance overall of the motorhome. The air conditioning in the main living area struggles at times, but it has been near 100 degrees at all the places. Going down the road with those big windows for the windshield makes it kinda hot too.

The kids have been having fun and I agree with Bengi that we should have done the motor home thing years ago. This is the way to travel with 4 kids! However, we really need to find a vehicle to tow behind. Thinking of a Dodge Durango 4 wheel drive with 3 seats. Should work.

We are truly very lucky. One day I hope the kids will realize how lucky we are. I enjoy this a great deal and as I said, this is the only way to go. I think Bengi is going to post with some pictures. See you later.

No comments: