Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Are We Ready?

We took the motor home to get the oil changed and all of the fluids checked. I am still somewhat nervous taking a tank like this out for such an extended trip. I hope everything checks out.

Trying to make sure everything is ready so that things don't totally fall apart when we are gone. Getting bills paid, arranging for pets, house and all. Of course, this gives Bengi new ground to gripe about. Jessi has been at basketball camp this week and it is docket week at the courthouse. Things are stressful all the way around. Precisely why I need a vacation. However, sometimes a wife can't see those things. I feel as though I get blamed for a lot of things out of my control. I mess up a lot, but being reminded of it continually doesn't help either. Then when I try to actually catch up and stay on top of things, I just get yelled at more. Oh well.

I am a bit nervous about what we might do in between leaving and actually arriving at Disney. But I guess that is what vacation is all about. Being spontaneous. That is difficult to do with 4 kids and a wife.

We have stocked up on snacks at Sam's, but with the eating machines that my family are, it won't last long. Also need to talk to Bengi about what we will take in the area of food etc. I don't want to eat every meal out. Oh well, until next post, we will see what happens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is an adventure and this is a wonderful trip for your family. Something that your whole family will remember for the rest of their lives. Take alot of pictures and don't sweat the small stuff. All you need to do is show your kids how much you are enjoying it.

I can't wait to hear all the posts on this blog.