Sunday, July 20, 2008

On our way!!!!




What an awesome start to our vacation!!! We got up this morning and left the house at 7:45. We checked and double checked to make sure we had everything. We honked at Amy's and Albert and Jeri's. So for all my family and friends aren't you glad you don't live near us!!!


The trip was so comfortable. Jake, Josh, and Jenni sat at the dining table to begin the trip and played games. Jessi slept on the couch. Later the other three went back to the bedroom and watched movies. Tim and I had plenty of leg room and we weren't shoulder to shoulder with each other. We should have done the motorhome thing a long time ago!!!!!


Kids can be so funny. We were about 1 1/2 into our trip and I went back to check on the kids. The boys were both laying on the bed in their underwear. I asked them where their clothes were. Their reply was "we are laying in bed do we need them" I just shook my head and came back to the co-pilot seat. We stopped in Gainsville at the rest stop and had lunch. I made sandwiches and we ate right here in the trailer. So convenient.


Back on the road and heading into Dallas. Oh my goodness. I was a wreck. I felt like we were right on top of the cars in the lane beside me. It was Sunday afternoon and the traffic wasn't horrible but I was scared to death. I think next time even though it will add a little to our trip, I'm going to drive through Ft Worth. We know the roads better and it can't be near as scary.


We stopped to fill up about 25 miles outside of Canton, Texas. We had driven 340 miles and it took 43 gallons to fill it up. We figure that is about 7.5 mpg. This is a little more than we expected so yeah!!!!


We decided to call it a day in Canton, Texas. Tim had found a place on the internet that looked really great. It is called Mill Creek Ranch RV Resort. It is totally awesome. It is close to the Canton First Monday Flea Market thing. Luckily it isn't this weekend. We are one of about 6 campers here. It is so beautiful. There is a series of 6 little pond/lakes around the property. The pool, playground, and club house are really NICE!!!! These are my kind of places to stay. The whole bill was $36. Works for me!


We pulled in and Tim went through the tedious job of setting up and leveling the coach. It is actually just pushing two or three buttons and tada!!! Then he goes out and plugs in the power cord and water and we are good to go. The kids and I went directly to the pool while Tim took a quick well deserved nap. They had a couple of hula hoops and I giggled as the kids tried to see who could go the longest.


For dinner Tim and I walked up to the entrance of the park where there was a little taco shack. We got some great mexican food. The little kids of course ate macaroni and cheese.


So far we are having a blast. We can't wait to get back on the road tomorrow and see where we'll stop tomorrow. Tim is actually looking right now for our next overnight stop. Kids are in the back playing the playstation. This is definitely an awesome start to our vacation.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my dear friend, I miss you but can see that you are having a great time !! I had forgot my password and you wont believe how long it has taken me to reset it so i can send you a message !! lol
I am loving the picutres and when Dayne gets home i will share with him so he can see what jake is doing, he went to stay at his brothers a few days.
I think the family shirts are fantastic and what a memory they will always have !! lol keep the news coming !!
Miss you stay safe !!

Anonymous said...

ps... i feel like i am on this trip with you!!! love how you can share this expeirence with me,and all your family. lord knows my tightwad husband would never do something like this !! lol
and i loved the comment about the name of "rita" to funny !!