Thursday, July 3, 2008

Beebe's go to Disney

Well here goes my first post. I thought my family and some friends might enjoy reading about our daily adventures. I'm starting this a few weeks out because I don't want you to miss any of the preparation for the big trip.

We have been planning this trip now for three years. We were originally supposed to go the summer of 2006. We had reservations and everything planned. Then we decided to move to the farm and there was no way to get everything done and move and go on the trip of a lifetime. So we postponed it a couple of years.

We made the reservations last January. We will be spending 11 glorious nights at the wonderful Ft. Wilderness RV park on Disney property. Now I know some of you must be questioning my sanity at this point. Why in the world would we drive to disney instead of just flying and staying in one of the hotels. Well the answer to that is simple. $$$$$$ Cashola!!!! I priced the trip for the family of 6 and let me tell you now I almost died from heart failure. You see according to Walt and his gang, 6 people in one hotel room is too many even if we are all related. So the basic price for a "normal family of 5 or less" doubles because we would have to rent two rooms. This made the trip ridiculously expensive. Thus the idea (I'm sure it was Tim's) to take the 5th wheel and just drive was born.

Now I assure you we both have had second and third thoughts about this. As we see it, this is the only way to get all four children to this magical playland and back. I offered to stay home but some how Tim didn't find that as amusing as I did!

Date of departure (July 22 which has just today moved up from July 23) is fast approaching. When we started planning it seemed like years away. Now we are down to 19 days. The kids are getting anxious but I think Tim is looking forward to this more than anyone.

Not bad for my first post ever. Hopefully there will be many more to come.

No comments: