Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More to Get Ready!!

Got motor home back today from the oil change. Filled it up with gas; not too bad, only $130. My father rode over with us and rode in it back. To my surprise, he picked up the gas bill! I really appreciated it!

I also wanted to clear up something in my last post. I was rather negative about my wife. I apologize for that. Let me put it this way: without Bengi, I would not have half of the life I have now. I would not have any of my wonderful children. Too often I take her for granted and I shouldn't do that. She is so talented in so many ways. The embroidery exhibited in this blog is just a very small portion of the talent she has.

I say all of this to illustrat e some very valuable lessons I learned. First, don't compose a blog post when you are having a bad day. Don't blog when you are tired. Don't blog when you are at the office. Don't blog when you are mad. I thought I knew all of that, but I didn't. Again, I apologize.

Now back to the preparations. I had to reset the leveling system. Worked on this for at least 2 hours! Got it back in working order. Put out the slides. Found our lanterns. Tomorrow I plan to plug into shore power only to get the refrigerator running and cold. Will begin the tedious process of packing. Big thing will be not to forget any necessity, and also to keep the kids limited. I am feeling better about going; less nervous and more excited.

Tonight Bengi got a lot of the clothes washed and put away. She also embroidered a beautiful panda bear and Josh's name on his new school backpack. It is cool. I guess I will close for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is for Tim, Bengi, and family……have a great vacation. You will be in my prayers as you travel together on vacation, and NO, there was no pun intended, I know you all will have a great trip… have a great time and Bengi take lots of pictures. Judy