Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First Time to Blog!

Hi all. I have never done this before but Bengi wanted me to give it a try! So here goes!

You have probabhly already read the posts about our motor home and the trip. I am excited, but at the same time nervous. I have never driven a motor home across the country. I have never been to Disney World. I am keeping my fingers crossed that things go well. But I guess that is part of the adventure. One of these days I will learn that.

I want this to be a good memory for the kids and Bengi. I worry about money, keeping the family safe, etc. I want everyone to have fun too. I want everyone to feel good. This trip is probably the longest we have ever taken in an R.V. and I am nervous about that as well.

At the same time, I am excited. The chance to get away from work is overdue. I have recently moved the office yet again, and that has been stressful. It seems that people of late have really been getting on my nerves. I NEED A VACATION!! Everyone I talk to says we will love Disney World. But what if we (I) don't? I mean, I have no reason to doubt people, but you know, different people like different things! And while I THINK I will like it, 10 days is a long time to vacation in a place you don't like!! As Bengi has said, we have built in time at the front to take our time getting to Florida. I believe that will be fun and relaxing.

With all of that said, Bengi was really excited tonight to be able to get our folding recliners into the basement storage of the motor home. We have given up some storage space for the ease and comfort of the motor home going down the highway. Bengi has been great at paring down all of the stuff in the RV to just what is necessary. Even with me: to the point of curtailing my Camping World shoppiung sprees. It is amazing what you can narrow down when you just stop and ask: "is this really necessary?" It will be interesting to see how we manage the conflict between that and convenience.

I look forward in the next few days of checking off items on our lists; making sure that the necessary items are loaded and that the coach is in the best shape possible. I believe that the closer the time gets to actually leaving, the nervousness will leave and fall away. And I invite all of you to follow the journey!

No comments: