Saturday, July 5, 2008

Delivery day

Ok so now you have a little background on how we ended up with the motorhome. We waited anxiously last month for them to deliver the coach. They were bringing it from South Carolina. Oh were we excited! When we had finished going over the coach, my mom and her husband had stopped by to pick up the boys. We all couldn't wait to go for a ride. It was almost on empty so we thought we'd run to Garber and fill it up. We were half way there and Tim looked at me and ask if I had brought any money. Neither of us grabbed our wallets. We were so excited to get in it and go that neither of us brought any money.

We turned around came back home and decided to drive to Perry to fill up. We also ate dinner there. The kids were back and forth from the bedroom to the front. It was quite the first cruise. Luckily everything worked great. I even drove from I-35 home. I can honestly say it wasn't too bad.

I secured reservations last week in Gulf Shores, Alabama. We have decided to stop off there for a few days to make the drive to Florida a little less long. We have reservations at a RV park called Island Retreat. We wanted to stay at Luxury RV but they were booked for that weekend. This park is three blocks from the beach and lots of stuff near. We aren't taking a car with us this trip so it is kind of important to stay close to things to do. The lady said to keep calling back because they often have cancellation. I am really hoping we can get into this place. Island Retreat is about 3 miles from the beach. I think we would have to rent a car if we have to stay here. I'm sure it will all work out!

Official Countdown Clock 16 days 23 1/2 hours

No comments: