Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gulf Coast





Tuesday was a short driving day. We only had a couple of hours to go so I made pancakes for breakfast. We then headed for the Camping World just up the road. Today it wasn't all for fun. We needed some parts for the commode. When we took our first trial trip to OKC last month we noticed a small leak. Tim had it looked at and they thought they fixed the problem. It is just a small leak but none the less we got the parts and spent part of the evening working on the commode. Still leaking a bit but we figured out it is the sprayer hose and it just needs to be tightened. We don't have a screwdriver with us that is small enough so that is on the shopping list for tomorrow.




Back on road and we were in Biloxi in no time at all. We drove along State Highway 90 along the coast. The kids were crazy with excitement. Jenni kept saying that is the biggest lake she had ever seen! The only time she has been to the ocean was when she was 18 months old.




Our campground is about 1 mile away and I don't feel safe walking up to the beach. We have rented a car for tomorrow (because I was too cheap to get it two days at $65 a day). We will go up to the beach and see what all is here. Tim talked to a gentlemen last night who works for FEMA. He said things are really slow getting back after Katrina. I didn't think it looked that bad but of course I didn't see it before.




The campground we chose is touted as an RV Resort. Your rig has to be newer that 10 years old to be allowed in and the management has discretion whether you can stay or not. Their add says "Raising the Standard of RV Travel" Sounded like my kind of place. It is gorgeous!!! Lots of landscaping and there are some bus motorhomes that are out of this world in here. There are lots like us too so I feel right at home. However, the pool is really small and NO PLAYGROUND!!! I can't believe I didn't ask about that when we called. In my defense though the other one we were considering didn't have WIFI and their pool had a pool float caught in the pump and it was being repaired. They couldn't tell me how long before it was done. We are staying two nights here so I thought a pool was a necessity.




We swam right after we got all set up. Tonight Tim grilled hamburgers out on the grill. They tasted so good. I don't know if I was just hungry or if just being near a beach has enhanced my senses all together (I love a beach!). We watched movies and turned in pretty early for me. That is why this post is going on this morning instead of last night.




Today should be a full day of sightseeing. Can't wait for the rental car to get here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, is that a smile on your face???lol wow, you must be having a ball !!!
I love the picture of jake looking out the window !!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this blog! It is fun to see where you are & what you are up to...plus what a great way to document your trip! Love the pics. ENJOY & miss you guys!