Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 2 - The "Magnificent Seven"


Boys hanging out on the trampoline.
 

Brady, Abby, & Ethan playing the X-box
 
Well today was our first full day.  We woke up around 7 a.m.  Well at least Ethan and I did.  The other kids slept until 10.  Jessi had her last day of basketball camp so we drove her to Garber.  I think this is the first one I have ever missed. 

Here kitty, kitty, kitty.
So it was so cute when Ethan woke up.  I heard him stirring so I sat up in bed.  You could see his eyes open.  He would look around confused.  Then he shut his eyes for several seconds then opened them again.  It seemed as if he was thinking..... Ok where am I.  This doesn't look familiar.  Maybe I'm dreaming.  I think I'll close my eyes and I'll wake up back in my bed at home.  Nope Nope still in this strange place. 




Every chance he gets he goes to the door to see if he can see the kitties.  He gets so excited.  The problem there is the little guy can reach and open the door.  So I have to really watch him when he goes to the door. 







The gang watching Josh play on computer.
Most of the day we spent watching TV, playing video games.  Brady follows Josh and Jake around at all times.  I finally read the instruction sheet they came with.  So far I have been doing everything it said. 

Tim texted to check on us and he asked "How are the Magnificent Seven"?  I thought it was cute so it is sticking.  Me and the Magnificent Seven! 

Meals today didn't go over as well as the pb&j yesterday.  We tried mac and cheese for lunch.  Big kids devoured.  Ethan wouldn't touch it.  Dinner was hot dogs.  Again big kids ate, Ethan ignored.  Jessi did find at least one item Ethan loves.  CHEETOS!!!!  Ok so what kid doesn't love cheetos. 






Look I'm a walrus!
Good and Healthy dinner, CHEETOS!


After dinner I took the middle 5 kids to the Garber pool.  Tonight is the night they open back up from 6 to 8.  Abby passed the swim test and Brady was so good about wearing his life jacket.  He jumped off the diving board at least 40 times.  I was especially proud of Jake and Josh.  They never once left Brady alone.  They played with him.  Took him to the diving board.  During the break Brady kept dragging Josh to the group of girls.  I think they said he has 4 new girlfriends.  It was so fun to observe Abby.  At first she was very stand offish.  Not knowing anyone but her cousins.  By the time she left she had made friends with some of the girls in Jake and Josh's class. 

We came back home and Ethan was crying for Abby.  They said he hadn't been crying long but you could tell Jessi was frazzled.  Tim also said she refused to change his diaper.  Uncle Tim stepped up and changed him though.  I think he really likes having these little ones around.  We love having Abby too.  It gives Jenni someone to interact with that isn't a boy.

Next was bath time.  Let's just say I hadn't thought about the fact that we don't have a bath tub.  We do but the stopper no longer works.  So we hooked up the shower head on a hose and gave the boys a shower.  It worked pretty good.  Ethan went to sleep around 9:30 and I have no idea when the boys and girls went to sleep.  I'm sure it was late.


I think my pants are too big!
 I almost forgot but when I was adding pictures I saw this one.  Mom.... I don't think these shorts fit.  It was hilarious watching him walk a few steps then he would grab them and pull them up.  Finally he quit pulling on them and they fell to his ankles.  He walked to the couch like that and I said just step out of em.  So we ran around the rest of the evening with no pants.

No comments: