Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 7 - Baseball Again!!!!

Brady, Abby, and Tricia (Brady's new girlfriend)



After such a late night, Ethan got up with Tim again.  We ate cheerios for breakfast and then we just played and played.  He kept asking for Abby but I didn't want him to wake her up.

I made chocolate chip cookies and Ethan was my very best friend.  He loved them.  Jessi and Ethan ate half of the whole batch.  At this rate the boys won't get any but I'll probably bake them some tomorrow.

Ethan devouring one of Bengi's cookies.
Ethan playing with his cars.

When the girls did finally wake up it was after 11.  They ate some brunch and got ready to head to the pool.  I took them at one and picked them up at 5.  It has been easier this way so I don't have to take Ethan and he can get his nap in.  He slept for 3 hours this afternoon.  I think he needed it from our late nights.


Tim brought us home pizza and then we got ready to go to play practice and ballgame.  It was another late night and another win for the boys.  Jake pitched the entire game and caught two pop flies.  Josh made an out on first and hit an excellent ball out to right field.  It would have been a home run if he could run faster.  Jake hit a home run then tripped before home plate and had to crawl to the base.  Everyone laughed but that made him upset.  It was a good win for them.

I have evolved from the first night of baseball.  The first night I took the diaper bag, the pack and play, and two drinks and a bag of cheerios.  The second night  I took the drinks, bag, and cheerios.  Tonight I didn't take any of it.  We hadn't used it all week so I went the light route.  No problems.  Buy those kids M&M's and they are set. 

Grandpa brought the ice chest and that entertained Ethan for a good hour.  He would stick his head in it and just laugh.  He would open then close it.  Oh the items that keep kids entertained can truly amaze me.

Ethan playing with grandpa's ice chest.
I haven't been good about the daily presents.  I think the scare of the paints has me worried about what is left unopened.  Today Ethan and Abby opened some sidewalk chalk, playdoh, and pipe cleaner crafts.  The girls are going to take the pipe cleaner crafts to grandpa Bill's.  Ethan, Abby, and Jenni decorated my porch.  I thought I'd let Brady and Ethan open a couple more today and that should put us back on track.

Abby and Ethan opening the presents from mom.
The girls went to grandpa's after the game last night.  The boys came home and ate leftover pizza. 

Another day we have survived with no injuries or fights.  Someone said to me tonight...  "I bet your ready for their parents to get back."  The truth is not really.  It has really been pretty awesome having them here and getting to know them better.  I know Ethan won't remember this but I'm hoping I'm making awesome memories for Brady and Abby. 

No comments: