Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 3 - Fishing

Jake, Ethan, & Brady after waffles!
Yummy Yummy Yummy





Everyone but me slept till 10 a.m.   I couldn't believe it.  We had waffles for breakfast.  That seemed to be a hit with everyone! 



Look Aunt Bengi..... Paints!!!!!

We opened the first of the packages Kati sent for the kids.  Now, I'm no genius, but if my sister had volunteered to keep all of my kids for over a week, I'm pretty sure I would not have included a set of paints in the wrapped packages.  Needless to say we have not done that particular activity yet.  We will mind you but I just didn't have the energy or the space to get the paints out and let them paint.  Maybe I'll let them do this activity an hour or so before their mom picks them up.  I'm thinking that sounds good!

Jake and Brady wanted to go fishing.  So Tim loaded them up and they headed over to the 50 where there are at least shade trees around the pond.  They caught 4 or 5 but only three were keepers.  Ethan and I headed over around noon to check on them.  It was already sweltering hot.  So they called it a morning. 

Ethan riding the bike!
Josh had taken Ethan outside and he kept pointing at and wanting to ride Jake's bike.  So Josh went out to the bike barn and found a small bike, brought it up and helped Ethan ride around the sidewalk.  It was so cute!

When we got home we decided to go to the pool.  Ethan went down for his nap so Tim stayed home and napped too.  We spent the afternoon at the pool.  Abby is making lots of new friends.  She even had a boy following her around today.  Don't worry mom,  I had my eye on him like a hawk. 

When we got home Ethan and Tim were watching TV.  Spongebob I think.  We made pasta and sauce for dinner. Josh and Abby played all evening on the computer.  I think they may have stayed up half the night.


 Jake, Brady, & Ethan were ready to hit the pond again by 8. It had cooled down some so I took them over to the smaller pond behind Tim's parents. Brady caught two fish. Jake would bait a pole up and throw it in and tell Brady to watch it. He told him if it moves to pick it up and jerk back. He was such a trooper and caught two. I had taken two chairs and told Ethan to stay in the chair. He did very well and loved the fish when Jake and Brady would bring them by to show him.





Ethan sitting watching the fisherman


The fisherman wathcing the pole.




Brady's first fish.  He didn't want to hold it.
 



It's a keeper.....


until it wiggles!


At dark we headed home and Ethan was exhausted. We got into our jammies and he was out when his head hit the pillow. So for three days I can report - no major fights, no injuries, no one is starving! Yea me!!!!

No comments: