Monday, March 30, 2009

Track Meet

Ok so do you guys remember the days of the track meet. It would be beautiful the day before and gorgeous the day after but the day of the track meet well that's another story!

It was so cold this morning sitting out in the 35 mile per hour wind and cloud cover. Of course the track ran from north to south. All those kids running into the wind. Who thought that one up. Then when the sun finally did shine it was warmer but the wind was still blowing you over.

I stayed at home until Jessi called and said it's almost time for my events mom you should come now. So I jump in the car thinking I'd be gone just an hour or so and 4 hours later here I am. She ran the 800 which is twice around the track. She never stopped and kept on running. There were over 50 girls in two heats. Next was the shot put. She can really throw that heavy piece of iron. There was one girl from Wakita and you could tell she had been coached by someone who knew what they were doing. She threw that thing twice as far as any of the other 60 girls.

I feel a little wind/sun burn on my face so I better go doctor it up with the blue stuff.

1 comment:

chadandkimi said...

ugh - track meets. I was never invited to a real one but had LOADS of yellow "participant" ribbons from the all-school track meet. bad memories...who would've guessed I would learn to appreciate running for the cardio & weight-management benefits.