Sunday, March 29, 2009

Morning Again

Ok up again at 7:00 a.m. At least I got to sleep that long. I'd have slept longer but my DH (dear husband) got up to take the dogs out and left them out to long and they wouldn't come back. So he started screaming at them which really woke me up. Of course he got mad when I told him not to leave them out so long by themselves. So great start to the day!

Jenni soon came in and brought her school backpack for me to sign all the necessary papers for tomorrow. I told her it wasn't Monday still Sunday and she said "I know, just want to be prepared." Now where did that come from definitely not me or Tim! By the way she brought home her reading assessment test and she reads on a 3rd grade fourth month level. Now why can't my third grader read that well? He still reads on a first grade level. UGH!!!!

I made biscuits with gravy. Tim, Jenni and I ate the first batch. when the other kids get up I'll make the other batch.

Just asking for input of any kind. Even though we all pitched in and have the house clean, things are starting to appear out of place again. There are socks in the living room, a jacket in the dining room, crap on the kitchen table. What do you do to keep things picked up and are your houses really always as perfect as they seem when I come by? Now mom I know yours probably is because it's just you and then just you and Bob. I mean two adults how much could get dirty? But Kati and Kimi what do you do? Do you have a special time that everyone helps or do you just pick up after everyone? I'm tired of being the maid to everyone. I might have one or two things out in the living areas yet why should I have to pick up everyone else's crap. I've tried the put it in a bucket and charge for it. No reaction. I've threatened to throw it away and I don't like to be the bad guy always yelling at them to get it cleaned up. HELP!!!!!?

BTW Tim had to get dressed and go out and get the dogs. Now he has put the leashes on them and Roxy won't go to him. She just sits and stares at him like she is p_____d!

1 comment:

chadandkimi said...

My house is not perfect, but I can't function in a messy home or office. Quickly after moving in with a man, I learned I can either be mad about the mess or be mad that I'm cleaning it up. :) I am very lucky, though, because Chad does a lot, and he does a majority of the big cleaning. However, we have our share of day-to-day clutter problems. So, here is my advice:
1. ORGANIZATION! I have found ways to make out-of-place things have a place if they keep ending up there. For example, I have a bin for shoes by the back door b/c we always end up with shoes by that door. Shoes are still there, they just are out of sight/ look like they belong. So, you could have a station for each kid to dump any papers, etc home from school - everyone needs a system for mail so it doesn't pile up - laundry hampers in places more convenient for people to put stuff vs going upstairs, etc.
2. RULES - it seems like enforcing a few simple rules would help a lot. I do try to tidy up most things before I go to bed; you could make a rule that everyone has to deal with any of their things in the main living areas before they go to bed. It doesn't take as much time that way. Also, you could say that you will do anyone's laundry in their hampers, but they have to do anything left out? That may be a way of positive reinforcement? I don't have as much of a problem being the bad guy when you are just enforcing the rules everyone knows, but I also do prefer rewarding the positive than always yelling about negative. SO, have some way that anyone who keeps their stuff picked up gets special treatment...like extra TV time or whatever. It shouldn't take long for the tide to change!
3. START SMALL...if you set a small goal to keep your kitchen clean, you'll feel happier that you accomplished that & not continually frustrated that it's all just too much. So set small goals for yourself & each family member. It'll make a huge difference in no time!
4. HIRE HELP :)
You are busy enough keeping up with the clutter, so hire someone to do the gritty stuff on a regular basis.
...hope this helps :)