Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cody Nightly Rodeo


We got ready and went into Cody for dinner. After dinner we walked down to the Irma Hotel for the Gun Fights. There were lots of seats around and we thought it was going to be a big deal. For the most part it was pretty lame. The kids laughed about it. One of those things you have to do while in town but I doubt anyone goes back for a second time.




The kids were all excited about going to the rodeo. I feel sort of guilty. I kind of grew up around rodeos. My grandparents would always take me to the Canton rodeo. After college I would help at the Ambucs PRCA rodeo in Enid. Yet I had never taken my kids to a rodeo.




We got there early and got good seats. It is all general admission. They announced face painting and pictures with a bull so Josh and Jenni headed down. They both got their faces painted and up they crawled on the Brahma bull. It was so tame. Nothing seemed to bother it.





We purchased the picture and took it up to show dad. Jessi and Jake wanted to go get their picture too. So off we went. They declined getting their faces painted but they crawled up on the bull.










During the middle of the rodeo they had a calf chase. They tied ribbons on the tail of three calves and asked for all the kids to come out to the arena. The idea was to chase the calf and grab the ribbon. Those who had the ribbon got a prize. We didn't win.









It was nice because they limited contestants in each event to 5 or 6. I assumed they limited it. I'm sure with it being a nightly rodeo all summer people spread their trips out to compete.





The kids really enjoyed it and wanted to go back again the next night. Josh especially liked the clown jokes. He is still repeating them!




No comments: