Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back into Yellowstone


Well today we got up early and headed back into Yellowstone. Our goal for the day was to drive the northern loop.





We made good time and headed north out of fishing bridge. A few days ago one of the rangers had mentioned how most of the buffalo were headed to this area for the "Big Dance". Which is the politically correct way to say mating season when there are young ears around. We came up over a hill and there were cars stopped. We saw a few bison and one was walking down the road. As we approached closer and passed a small hill there were hundreds of buffalo in this clearing. It was awesome!







We took some pictures and one I won't post here is the one Tim accidentally took of a couple in action. We really got a laugh when we looked at the pictures that night. He didn't mean to get that!
We headed on towards Tower Falls. This place had a little store and a trail down to the bottom of the water fall. Tim and the girls started out but quickly returned to the top. The boys and I trekked our way down. Now let me say going down was beautiful. It was nice and cool from the shade of the trees. Unfortunately there wasn't an elevator to go back up. I thought I was going to die! The boys were so cute and patient. They'd get ahead of me and I'd say "I need a rest" They would come and sit with me while I rested.






We found this really cool picnic place for lunch along side a little stream. The water was really cold but the kids were determined to cross the stream. It was really funny watching them. I told Jenni she better not wear her flip flops. She would lose one and sure enough one went sailing down the stream. I told her to send the other one so if someone found them they'd have a pair. She didn't like that idea and was very upset about losing the one. As we drove on up the road we noticed our little stream went right over the side and made a beautiful waterfall. I told Jenni I bet your shoe had a fun ride!




We circled on around the loop. Nothing more too exciting.


When we headed back into Cody we decided to eat at the Irma hotel. It was all you can eat Prime Rib buffet. It was really good. We headed back to the RV and called it an early night.

No comments: