Friday, July 10, 2009

On Our Way! Wyoming ...Here we come!



Well we are off! Unbelievably we were on the road at 8:00 a.m. I never would have believed that we could get it together that quickly. Kids all chipped in and we were on our way.

We made it to Wichita pretty quickly. Tim pulled over and we switched just north of Wichita. Yes I drove while pulling the van behind us. It really wasn't too bad. It sprinkled on us for a little while. I pulled over just before Salina where Tim took back over. This is where the boring drive began. There is absolutely nothing but flat land and an occasional town off to the side of the road. I drove a couple hours later in the afternoon too. Tim actually took a nap back on the bed. I feel so trusted. Jake was my co-pilot most of the time but Jessi took that seat for a little while.

We wanted to get to Strausberg (I think) which is just about 20 miles outside of Denver but the campground there was full so we decided to pull over in Limon Colorado. It is about 90 miles east of Denver. By the time we got here we were glad that we stopped. We were both tired. It is a nice little KOA campground. Right of the interstate but far enough we don't hear the noise from the highway.

I made bean and wienies for dinner and the kids wanted macaroni and cheese. Pretty easy dinner. I had bought a cute little muffin pan that makes those cute bite size muffins. I mixed up the brownie mix put it in the pan went to put pan in oven and it doesn't fit. I almost cried. So thankfully Tim was thinking and he bent up the handle pieces from the sides and it fit. YEA TIM!!!! Brownies were a little done on the bottom so next time I'll move the shelf up in the oven. They must have tasted OK they were gone in less that 5 minutes!

So we are getting ready to decide where to go tomorrow. We are looking at going north to Casper then over or maybe cutting across on the southern road in Wyoming.

Funny story of the day goes to Jessi. After dinner we were talking and she says... "Oh mom I forgot to tell you, last night I got up to go to bathroom in the middle of the night and there was a little mouse stuck in the waste basket. I went and got the kitty and she killed the mouse. I was so proud of her." So I say "what happened to the mouse?" She looks at me in a funny manner and says "It's still in the waste basket where else would it be." I flipped out. We are going to be gone for 2 weeks and she left a dead mouse in the waste basket. Luckily, Tim was on the phone with his mom at the time and they are going to go by and dispose of it. Silly kids!

3 comments:

TravelinGranny said...

I have learned that in most RV's the oven always burns the bottoms of everything. I was told to double pan. So I have always put 2 pans, or a Pampered Chef stone, if it will fit.

Try that and see if it doesn't help. The ovens are just SO SMALL.

Kati said...

I was going to tell you the same thing... I guess I learned it from mom! LOL

chadandkimi said...

I have learned that you have to be careful with the waffle makers at the continental breakfasts in hotels, too. Better to order room service or just stop at IHOP. :)

Sorry, I had to add that since I don't have any RV advice or experience...yes, I'm too funny!