Thursday, July 2, 2009

Seven days till Yellowstone!

Ok well I thought I'd start my travel blog and get used to writing. I'm hoping to have access to wifi the whole time but I guess you never know.



Well preparations are well under way for the big trip. We have been doing laundry and making lists of all the things we want to take with us. So exciting!!!!



On the 15th of June we purchased a used mini van to pull behind the motorhome. White of course and very well kept inside. The kids love it and I really appreciate the saving in the gas department. It gets 23 miles to the gallon. That is almost twice what the excursion gets.

After our spring break trip Tim had the idea of taking out the TVs and replacing them with flat screens. He was going to make doors for each of the places the TVs go and hang the flat screens on the doors. Well he got as far as tearing it all apart. Now he is out there in the heat trying to get the satellite to work so he can see what cables he needs. Needless to say not going well. One night he has reception and tonight can't get it to save our lives. What a mess. He hasn't even started putting the doors up. YIKES!!!!

Tomorrow we are heading to OKC to stock up on goodies at Sam's for the trip. I'm still a little leery because the kids usually eat what we have in the house as soon as it gets there. I'll have to hide the stuff!

No comments: