Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day of doctors...

Here is every patients nightmare!  I suspect that Jenni has chicken pox so I call her pediatrician and get an appointment for 9:15 this morning.  Jessi had a few spots on her so I made her go too.  We get to the office and wait 25 minutes past our scheduled time even though we were the only ones in the office.  I respect your time by showing up early.  I expect you to respect my time by being at work on time.  I understand when you are behind because of patients but again we were the only ones there when we got there and when we left. 

They take their weight and height.  When the Dr. finally arrives she barely even examines the girls.  Then and I quote "well I don't know if its chicken pox or not".  It could be staff infection, it could be chicken pox, or it could be a rash.  REALLY!  You told me last night on the phone you couldn't diagnose over the phone apparently you can't diagnose in person either!!!  GEEZ!!!  So I ask you if they can go back to school tomorrow.  You reply and I quote again " I really don't know." Then after much him hawing you tell me to keep them home till Monday.  You prescribe an antibiotic and send us on our way after charging me $70.  Two co pays.  Now I have no problem paying two co pays but you didn't diagnose anything.  You gave me no solid information.

So after conversing with Jessi's coach we decided to head to stillwater to an urgent care there.  Here they actually took their temperature and blood pressure.  He diagnosed it as a viral rash that will go away in a couple of days.  They have to stay home from school until the spots dry up.  It was so nice to get an actual diagnosis and a statement of fact as to when they could go back to school. 

No comments: