Monday, January 12, 2009

Traditions

Today Josh asked me what traditions we do as a family. I couldn't think of anything. I told him what a tradition was and he came up with out yearly trip to Sea World for spring break. I hate to break the news to him but we aren't going there this year. So much for that tradition....

Jessi got to play tonight. She did really good!

This is homecoming week and tomorrow is stripes and polka dot day. Jenni is using fabric markers to put stripes and polka dots on her grey sweats. She just told Jake to write GARBER across her butt!

I decided this week I was going to cook everyday. I am so bad at preparing meals for my family. Anyway I spent Saturday morning working up a menu for the week. I made out a grocery list and then marked off items I already had. I spent $100 at the grocery store but I have seven meals planned.

Yesterday was chicken and noodles. Wow! I should have made those a long time ago. The kids ate like crazy. Jake and Josh had 4 helpings. I only had enough left over for me one meal at lunch. Tonight was a crock pot recipe for tator tot casserole. The kids eat this at school and were anxious for it. My recipe called for green beans. The one at school doesn't have green beans. They were a little hesitant but once they tasted it they liked it so two for two!

3 comments:

chadandkimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chadandkimi said...

What time's dinner tonight? :) Seriously, just wanted to tell you that your Scentsy is here & find out what plans you have for Jenni's birthday? Let me know...maybe we will make a trip up there this weekend.

Bengi said...

I haven 't decided for sure on Jenni's birthday. We will do something on Sunday for sure I'm just not sure if here or at Jeri's. this house is so little.