Monday, January 26, 2009

January Catch Up



Ok wow January has flown by! Last week we had both Jenni's family birthday party, the boys friend party, and Jenni's friend sleepover. It was crazy. Why do I do this to myself.




Tim helped alot on Jenni's family party. He smoked ribs, pork loin, and chicken legs. I made potatoes and beans. We had a delicious lunch. Then the kids played outside. They played football and rode bikes. It was a pretty nice day.





Wednesday was a beautiful day so we planned the boys friend party. Not sure how many total was here but I bet there were at least 15 kids. We had hot dogs, pizza rolls, and cupcakes. They played and played outside. Sometimes I think we overthing birthdays because I had nothing planned and everyone had a ball!




Friday night was Jenni's night. She had 6 girls over and 4 spent the night. After school I took them all to the movie to see Motel for Dogs. It was really cute and the kids had a ball. There were very well behaved. Next we came home for pizza and cupcakes. They spent most of the rest of the evening upstairs playing. They must have fell asleep pretty early because they were all up before 8. Jessi was a great sport too. They decided they would steel one of her bras and get it wet and put it in the freezer. I warned Jessi but she let them think they pulled one over on her. When she came down after they ate breakfast one of the girls started giggling and teased her. She said and I quote "I'd have been alot more upset if I hadn't spit in the pancake mix." They all got white as a sheet. I was about to die laughing.




Saturday night was the Skeltur Tournament finals. Both Garber teams were in the finals but the girls couldn't pull it out. The boys however won another nail biter against Pioneer. It was really neat because Jessi and the other girl managers all got a medal. I told her I'd get my two out and we could put them in a shadow box. She just rolled her eyes.



Sunday we drove over to Fairfax to look at puppies. We had seen a bulldog pup and Tim said he'd always wanted one. I said if I'm training one puppy I might as well do two. This lady was so nice. She had two beautiful girls that were 4 months old. She wanted to keep them for herself but needed to pay a vet bill. Of course there was a liter of 6 week old pups. One of the older ones went right to Tim and layed with her head in his lap. Josh and I liked the little ones better. So we ended up with Roxie, one of the 6 week old ones. She is so sweet and playful. Of course Buddy didn't quite know what to do. They are getting along better today.

I almost forgot a couple of weekends ago at the boys basketball game I ran into Tony Chesnut and his kids. They were here for the weekend. They were watching Torrie's son Briley play ball.




No comments: