Saturday, August 2, 2008

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Well today we were a little slow getting around again. We headed out for Disney Studios around 9:30.

We headed right for the Toy Story Mania ride. The FASTPASS times were already after 4:00 in the afternoon. The wait time was already 50 minutes so we got a fastpass and started walking around the rest of the park. The kids were able to get Woody and Buzz Lightyear’s autographs. Then we walked around the corner and Lightning McQueen and Mater from the movie CARS. You only got to have your picture taken with them. That was really cool.

We watched a stage and movie of the Little Mermaid. It wasn’t quite as good as the others at animal kingdom but was pretty good. We went and had lunch at the Toy Story Pizza Arcade. It was good. Then we decided to head back to the RV for a little rest and take some time to clean up. We have been going so much that the kids haven’t even put their beds up. We aren’t in the RV till well after 10:00 and we usually go right to bed.

We headed back over to Disney Studios around 3:30. Our Fastpass times were 4:20 and 4:25. This really was a cool ride. You rode in little cars that spun around. You had 3D glasses on and a lazer gun. It was like arcade games. You shot at things for points. It kept track of your points and at the end of the game they were on a big screen. This was really a cool ride. The little kids liked it so much they wanted to go again. The walk up time wait was only 60 minutes so Tim took the little ones and waited in line. Jessi and I just wandered around the park. We walked down to the Rockin Roller Coaster. I couldn’t get her to get on even for $100. Josh and Jake said they would both ride it with me but by the time we got back the wait was over an hour and we didn’t have time before dinner. Maybe tomorrow.

We had reservations at the 50’s Prime Time Café. I was really looking forward to this. It is set in the 50’s and your waiter is supposed to act like your mom. Apparently, I’m not mean enough to qualify as a mom like these. Of course they did the usual yelling about elbows on the table. When the guy at the table next to us didn’t eat all of his green beans, she forked them up and made him eat them. It was funny but my gosh. We were thirsty from walking around. I drank all of my tea and she came back and told me to slow down. I was a little offended. The food was good. But overall, I was a little disappointed.

We headed back to the RV after dinner. I promised the kids I’d take them swimming after I get this done so we’ll probably be at the pool till after midnight.

So now we have been to all of the parks. I don’t know if it is that we are exhausted that the last two (Epcot and Disney Studios) haven’t impressed me much. If I were to do this all over, I would definitely do all of the other three first and save Magic Kingdom for last. It really is my favorite. Next would be Animal Kingdom (I thought I would like this one the least), Disney Studios, then Epcot. Although Tim and the three older kids are planning on going back tomorrow morning to do Soarin and Test Track again. Jenni and I are on Laundry duty in the morning. We are all running out of things to wear.


Sorry there are so few pictures. It takes over 5 minutes to upload one picture. I haven't downloaded todays pictures so I'll post them on Monday as well.

Next Post will be on Monday Night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you got some rest on Sunday.
I can tell by the lack of exclamation points :) that you were tired Saturday night. Enjoy another fabulous week in Disney World...we'll be enjoying 100 degree temperatures & another work-week...back here in reality!
Miss you all - still love reading the blog, even on days you don't post! :)

Anonymous said...

OK, kids. It's the 6th of Aug and no word since the 2nd.

Hope everybody is OK and having a great time.

Miss reading about your adventures, we are working and leading a dull boring life here. And RAIN. It just keeps raining.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE post soon! I am lonesome...all week long...Mom is traveling around a 3rd-world country...Kati is on a business trip...and no updates on your blog! :) Where is everyone?! Just kidding...I know you are enjoying your vacation! We miss you all.