Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving!


This year we spent Thanksgiving at my sister's new home in Edmond. It is a beautiful home and they have it decorated so nicely.

Everyone was there! Our parents and their spouse/significant others, our grandparents, all three sisters (Bengi, Kimi, and Kati) and all of our immediate families, and Chad's (Kimi husband) mom, dad, and sister. It was so wonderful for us girls to have everyone together.


Since my parents divorced 25 years ago it has been stressful to get everyone together. I have to say on my part, even though I think some weren't happy about it, it will be my favorite Thanksgiving of all time. To have everyone you care about together to break bread was so precious! Some times I think as kids of a broken marriage it is nice to have everyone in one house just to have all of your family together. We love everyone and it hurts so much to have to choose who to invite.

After lunch we had the first Turkii Wii Bowling Tournament. Kati's husband Brandon won 1st place and I got second. We received trophies and everything. It was really fun. Thanks Kimi for coming up with that great idea!

Thanks Kimi and Chad for your wonderful hospitality. It will be my favorite Thanksgiving for quite some time I'm sure.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will only be your favorite until next year, when we do it again!! I LOVED having everyone here, and I am SOOO touched to read your complimentary comments here. Thank you; I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed it...although I'm sure taking home that fabulous trophy had a lot to do with it! :)