Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day at the Pond




We spent the day at the pond. We set up the tents and just enjoyed the day. The boys had a couple of friends from their class spend the night last night after the game. Once we took them to the pond they wanted them to stay again.

Cody caught a fish. He came up to me and asked if he could call his mom. I said sure. When she answered, he said. "Mom I caught a fish, I really caught a fish. I'm having so much fun." Apparantly that was the first fish he had ever caught. I told Tim that alone made it worth all the work of putting things up and dragging all the food and drinks etc... to the pond.

I took this picture of Sam and Scott. I thought it turned out neat but I wish I had gotten a different angle that included the water.
Jenni and I decided to come home to sleep but I got this picture of the moon before we left.

1 comment:

chadandkimi said...

Wow, it does look peaceful & relaxing. Until your comment about all the work to make it happen, then I realize all the Mom's work that goes into something like that. Another thankless job, but yes, Cody's story is thanks enough. That is awesome for him!

Enjoy the long weekend!