Saturday, May 9, 2009

Napa Valley Day 7


We were up around 6 a.m. and ready to make the trek home. We left at seven so no waffles today.

We enjoyed the beautiful drive back down Hwy 29. Tim had purchased the gas deal where we didn't have to fill up before taking the car back. About 30 miles out I began to sweat whether we would make it or not. We made it with only 25 miles to spare per the car's distance meter.

We got checked in and both planes were pretty uneventful. Three of the four planes we were on this trip were packed to the hilt. No seats available. I thought we were supposed to be in a sluggish economy. You couldn't tell it by the airports.

When we landed in OKC the kids were all right at the doorway waiting for us to come through. They were fighting over who would hug who first. I knew that wouldn't last long.

We got our luggage and headed back to mom's to get their things. We made it home about 10 p.m.

Mom - Thank you so much for taking care of the kids. I know what a handful they are and I appreciate it so much that you took the time to spend with my kids to give me a much needed break.

Kimi - Thank you for entertaining the kids at the Dachsund races. Josh is still talking about it.

The kids will remember these times as much as I will remember the great time I had. Thank you both again.

Tim - Thank you so much for taking me to this wonderful paradise. It was the best trip I have ever taken and I can't think of anyone I would have rather shared the experience with. Thank you for making my Birthday special. I love you very much!!!!

1 comment:

TravelinGranny said...

Letting me spend the week with Jessica, Jake, Josh and Jennifer was my pleasure. I don't spend as much time with them as I would like and I loved it!